Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Here's What I've Been Working On

My trial project woven necklace project is proceeding. My object is to have everything ironed out before I start working with silver. I have a couple of photos to post to show the progress I've made so far.

I decided the design would be a scarab. First I drew the pattern for the design and created a wire frame to emphasize the it, then added a warp to the pattern. After that I started weaving with cotton and mylar fibers. The first shot shows the design and warp while the second shot shows the top portion of the scarab completed. The bottom portion will be vertical stripes. When the weaving is completed I'll add neckbands of turquoise and other beads.

Once the weaving is complete, I may replace the row of beads with some that are slightly larger.
Post a Comment